Creamy, delicious risotto that is baked will become your new best friend for side dishes!
Baked coconut risotto
- 2 tablespoons butter (or you may use olive oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (Black Box Chardonnay works great)
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk* (Goya is delicious)
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water (as needed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted coconut for garnish
*If you do not have coconut milk, you can add 1 teaspoon coconut extract to 1-1/2 cups whole milk.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter and add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Next, add the rice and coat in the butter mixture, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the rice, stirring well to coat the rice and cook for about 1 minute.
- Now add coconut milk and white wine and bring to a boil. Pour chicken broth into mixture and stir well.
- Cover and place in oven. Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- If mixture is not your desired consistency, add 1 cup of water, stir and return to oven for about 5-10 minutes.
- Top with toasted coconut and add salt and pepper to taste.