This hearty loaf makes the perfect breakfast for those busy mornings or an amazing addition to your brunch spread. For an added hint of sweetness, drizzle a bit of maple syrup over the top for the ultimate sweet and savory bread!
Cheesy bacon sausage pull apart bread
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Serves about 12
- 2 (7.5 ounce) cans of buttermilk biscuits
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 pieces thick cut bacon
- 3.5 ounces pork sausage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a fluted Bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Remove from heat and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Place sausage in another skillet and crumble with a spatula. Cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Remove grease from pan and place sausage in a bowl.
- Cut each biscuit in half and place half of the biscuits (about 1 can's worth) into the bottom of the greased Bundt pan. Mix together half the bacon crumbles and the sausage and sprinkle over the first layer over biscuits. Cover the meats with about 3/4 cup cheese.
- Layer the remaining biscuits over the cheese/meat mixture. Add remaining 3/4 of cheese and bacon to the top of the biscuits.
- Bake for about 16 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown. Let cool slightly in the pan and then serve.