This elegant appetizer is the perfect hors d'oeuvre for your New Year's Eve bash or to serve before your big New Year's Day dinner. Or, you could make a batch tonight to eat for dinner. (We don't judge.) Just be sure to save a few for us!
Spicy tomato, goat cheese and steak crostini
Recipe inspired by Steamy Kitchen
Serves about 8
- 1-1/2 pound flank steak
- 1 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces soft goat cheese
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices of baguette
- Chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally rub the steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the steak and cook until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes for a medium-rare inside. Remove from the heat and slice into thin slices.
- To make the spread, mix the goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes together. Add salt and pepper. Spread the goat cheese mixture on the top of a baguette.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the bread is browned and the cheese mixture is warm. Top each piece of bread with steak and a few chopped chives.