These mini appetizers are perfect for your vegetable platter and can be served warm and gooey or chilled. However, don't be surprised if your guests just grab a fork and dig right in, these decadent cheesecakes are just that good.
Savory onion cheesecakes
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup graham crackers
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Dash of salt and pepper
For the filling:
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 5 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini cheesecake cavity pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the graham crackers, nuts, melted butter and salt and pepper. Press the crust into the bottom of the cheesecake pan with a spatula.
- In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, goat cheese, egg and chives together until creamy. Pour the cheese mixture over the crusts evenly and smooth with a spatula. Bake for 15 minutes or until puffed. Remove from the oven and let chill for about 5 minutes.
- To make the caramelized onions, heat the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions and garlic and reduce the heat to medium. Cook the onions until browned and very soft, about 12 minutes.
- Garnish each cheesecake with onions and the garlic mixture. Serve immediately.