I always associate Andes mints with the Christmas holiday because my grandmother gives me a box of the goodies each year. These cookies are a great way to make use of the pieces that don't immediately get eaten!
Andes mint cookies
Makes about 4 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped Andes mints
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add in the baking soda, salt and then flour. Mix completely.
- Stir in the oats, Andes mints and chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of dough and form it into a ball.
- Place on cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, taking care not to over-bake.
- When done, let cool on pan for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.