From a super-spicy, bacon Bloody Mary to a spiced rum cocktail, these drinks will instantly make you feel the warm and fuzzies — even on the coldest of days. Oh, and don't think it's too cold for this margarita! It's spiced up with Sriracha, which will warm you up while you drink it. Just be warned, two of these are very hot so proceed with caution!
Spicy bacon Bloody Mary
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles (not drained)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 red bullet chili with seeds, chopped
- Dash of lime juice
- 1/3 cup bacon (or pepper) vodka
- Marinated cremini mushrooms for garnish
- Bacon slices for garnish
- Place the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, chili, lime juice and vodka in a blender. Pulse on medium until the mixture is silky smooth. Add the salt and pepper to taste. If the mixture is thick, add a bit of water to thin it out.
- Garnish with the mushrooms and bacon. Enjoy!
Spiced apple cider
Yields about 1 quart
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Captain Morgan spiced rum
- 3 cups apple cider
- In a large pot, add the apple cider, brown sugar, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon stick. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the spices have dissolved into the cider. Remove from the heat and add in the rum (1/2 cup for less strong and 3/4 cup for strong). Serve warm and enjoy!
Strawberry Sriracha margarita
Recipe adapted from Jackie of Domestic Fits
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup orange-flavored liquor
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 - 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 cup ice
- Add all of the ingredients in a blender and pulse on low until smooth. Serve in a margarita glass and enjoy!