The gooey melted Brie is the perfect companion to the turkey and tart cherry preserves. Sandwiched between two pieces of whole wheat bread, this sandwich is healthy while still tasting decadent. If you'd prefer crispier bread, try ciabatta!
Turkey, Brie and cherry panini
- 2 slices of bread (we used whole wheat)
- 4 slices of slow roasted turkey lunch meat
- 1 tablespoon tart cherry preserves (use this recipe)
- 2 ounces of Brie cheese
- Spray a panini press with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of cherry preserves onto both pieces of bread. Layer the turkey and cheese on top of one slice and top the sandwich with the second slice.
- Place the sandwich on the panini maker and press down. Cook the panini for about 3 - 5 minutes, or until the bread has apparent grill marks and the cheese is fully melted. Remove from the heat and enjoy!