The amazing flavor of this soup comes from the roasted beets, garlic and onions. For added creaminess, you can add some heavy cream while you puree it. We love it with just a bit of Greek yogurt and some crispy French bread! After one spoonful, this soup will instantly become a favorite of yours, we guarantee it! Plus, the speckled look you get when you mix pickled beets with Greek yogurt make it not only tasty, but beautiful to look at!
Creamy beet and garlic soup
Serves about 4
Recipe adapted from My Recipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can pickled beets
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Place the garlic and onion into a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 - 25 minutes, or until the garlic and onions are fragrant. Remove from the pan.
- Place the beets in a food processor with the garlic and onions. Add the chicken broth and water. Pulse on low until the mixture is creamy. Add the salt and pepper. Pulse to mix. Add the Greek yogurt, one tablespoon at a time, until the soup is creamy.
- Serve warm with crispy bread and enjoy!