Honey, apricot and goat cheese pizza
Serves about 8
Who said your pizza had to be coated in sauce? This sauce-less pie is loaded with flavor from the toppings, like fresh peaches, arugula and figs. The sweetness of the honey compliments the bold flavor of the goat cheese perfectly. Enjoy with a crisp glass of white wine!
- 1 homemade pizza crust (use this recipe)
- 7 ounces of goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large peach, thinly sliced
- 5 figs, sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Liberal dashes of salt and pepper
- Prepare the pizza crust. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and grease a pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Bake the pizza crust for 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the heat.
- While the crust bakes, heat the butter in a small pan. Add the peaches and figs. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until the fruit begins to slightly brown. Remove from the pan.
- Immediately spread the goat cheese onto the crust so it melts into it. Place the figs and peaches on top of the goat cheese. Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper. Add the baby arugula to the top of the pizza and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Drizzle the honey on top of the pizza and enjoy!