Homemade bacon donuts
Yields 32 donuts
Bacon is the latest it food. It's appearing on everything, including dessert. So, why not keep the trend alive and make your own donuts full of bacony goodness. They have bacon frosting and bacon toppings. What more could you want?
- 8 strips smoky bacon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 can croissants
- Oil for frying
- Put the bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Slowly let the bacon fat cook out until the bacon itself is very crispy.
- Break the bacon up and set aside. Keep the bacon grease handy.
- Next, make the frosting by mixing the powdered sugar, lemon juice, water and 2 tablespoons of bacon grease together. If the frosting is too thick, add more water (a few tablespoons at a time).
- After that, it's time to make the donuts. Pop open the can of croissants and pull them apart.
- Bring the oil to 375 degrees F over medium-high heat.
- Fry the donuts in small batches, then top with the frosting, a bit more bacon grease and crumbled bacon.