Creamy avocado pea soup recipe
Serves about 6
Recipe adapted from My Recipes
Not only is this soup healthy, it's really quite pretty, too! The avocados and peas give it a bright green color and the drizzle of oil gives it a fabulous textural contrast. If you're hosting a party, serve this beautiful soup in shooter glasses and top with a crusty crouton!
- 1 large ripe avocado, seeded with flesh scooped out
- 1-1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame oil (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup fat-free Chobani Greek yogurt (plain)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 pieces of garlic bread, toasted and chopped into bite-size pieces
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 more minutes. Add in the broth and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add in the peas and cook until just soft, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat. Add in the yogurt, avocado, parsley and salt and pepper. Blend using an immersion blender until soup is creamy.
- Pour into the bowls. Drizzle each bowl with the remaining sesame oil. Top each with a few croutons. Serve room temperature and enjoy!