With fresh fruit flavors and a hint of bubbly booze, these drinks are the perfect companion to your weekend brunch. Plus, with one of the drinks containing beer, even the men in your life will have something to drink (even though we all know how much they actually like those fruity drinks).
Champagne lemon drop
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
Serves about 6
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup citron vodka
- 1 bottle of Champagne or sparkling wine
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Add the lemon zest and remove it from the heat. Let the mixture cool completely.
- Mix the Champagne, vodka, lemon juice and chilled syrup into a large pitcher. Stir it well. Serve it chilled with a fresh lemon wedge or a spiral peel.
Strawberry beer cooler
Recipe adapted from The Beerones
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced and hulled
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 bottles of light beer
- 1 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Lemon peels for accent
- Mix the sugar, strawberries and lemon juice in a large pitcher. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes or so, until the sugar dissolves into the liquid. Stir in the beer and add additional sugar or lemon to taste.
- To keep the drink from becoming watered down, add ice right before you serve.