Vegan chocolate coconut pudding recipe
Just because you're a conscious eater who stays away from dairy doesn't mean that you have to give up on creamy desserts. I love using coconut milk in vegan recipes because it lends a thick, buttery texture similar to what you get from cream. This is a slightly firmer pudding and I think it tastes best when just warm, but is still delicious if you let it set on the counter or in the fridge for an hour. It all depends if you like hot or cold puddings. My family likes it topped with something slightly sinful -- ice-cream or a whipped topping. I love this recipe because it's quick to whip up, tastes creamy, serves lots of people and it's healthier than store-bought puddings.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3-1/2 cups cold almond milk
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 9 tablespoons dark cocoa
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Heat up the first five ingredients until boiling. Let it boil for 1-3 minutes (by then it should be thick).
- Stir in the vanilla and sea salt.
- Pour into eight dessert bowls.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of shaved coconut. Enjoy.