Zucchini, ricotta and mint canapé recipe
Although the recipe calls for cooking the zucchini on the stovetop, you can also grill them if you prefer. For an alternate presentation, try cutting the zucchini into long strips and creating zucchini, ricotta and mint roll-ups secured with a toothpick.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into coins
- 1/2 cup ricotta (full fat)
- 1/4 cup chopped mint, plus more for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the zucchini and cook it until it has softened and lightly browned, flipping once.
- As the zucchini is done cooking, put it on a paper towel-lined plate and allow it to cool.
- Mix together the ricotta and mint in a bowl.
- Arrange the zucchini on a serving platter and top each with a dollop of the mint-ricotta mixture.
- Garnish with fresh mint and serve.