Mini roasted cherry cheesecakes with chocolate glaze
Yields 10 cheesecakes
Roasting the cherries brings out a deep, rich flavor you don't get from these popular summer fruits otherwise. Plus, the bourbon gives each cherry a delectable smokiness. Paired with a melt-in-your-mouth chocolate glaze, each bite is packed with incredible flavor. You'll never go back to regular out-of-the-can cherry cheesecake again. We promise you.
For the cheesecake:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 mini pie crusts
For the cherry topping:
- About 2 cups of cherries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup bourbon
For the chocolate glaze:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place mini pie crusts on two baking sheets.
- Prepare the cheesecake filling by beating the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together with a hand-held mixer until creamy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, until fully combined. Stir in the lemon juice with a spoon.
- Carefully spoon the filling into the 10 prepared mini pie crusts. Bake for about 40 - 45 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed up. Remove from the oven and place it in the fridge to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare the cherry topping by greasing a roasting pan with butter. Place the cherries on the butter, sprinkle it with the sugar and bake for about 10 minutes, checking in at 5 minutes to mix around (so the sugar doesn't burn).
- Remove it from the oven, cover it with bourbon and roast for an additional 3 - 6 minutes, or until the juices are bubbling out of the cherries. Once the cheesecakes have cooled, top each one with a spoonful of bubbly cherries.
- Melt the chocolate by heating the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe dish for about 1-1/2 minutes, stopping at 30 seconds to stir.
- Carefully drizzle the melted chocolate over the cherry cheesecakes. Sprinkle them with salt (optional) and enjoy!