This easy jam can be made in less than 30 minutes and can keep for up to 3 months in a sterilized jar! Sorry Smucker's, there's a new jam name in town, and it's called homemade! Plus, this is a great project for summer when strawberries and rhubarb are in season!
Strawberry rhubarb jam recipe
Yields about 3.5 pints
Recipe adapted from Delectable Musings
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh strawberries, chopped (with tops removed)
- 1-1/2 pounds rhubarb, diced
- About 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Place the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar (1 cup) and lemon juice in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Carefully mash the strawberries a bit (with a fork or wooden spoon) until they are mashed.
- Cook until the sugar has completely dissolved, about 3 to 5 minutes. Taste to see if it needs more sugar. If so, add another 1/4 to 1/2 cup. Then cover and reduce the heat to low. Let the jam simmer for about 20 minutes, or until mixture reaches 220 degrees F.
- Remove from the heat and immediately transfer to a sterile Mason or canning jars. Cover with a lid and chill for an hour.