When using flaxseeds to bread your chicken, use a mixture of ground flaxseeds and whole wheat breadcrumbs so the coating isn't overly dense. If you can only find whole flaxseeds in the store, you can easily grind them yourself in a spice or coffee grinder. Check out the bulk section for the best deals on flaxseeds. Besides this chicken, try putting ground flaxseeds in smoothies, yogurt and oatmeal for a protein-filled breakfast.
Flaxseed chicken recipe
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the breadcrumbs and flaxseeds in a slightly rimmed plate and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip a chicken breast in egg to coat thoroughly.
- Next, coat it in the flaxseed and breadcrumb mixture.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until it is cooked through, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with lemon wedges (it's also great cold the next day over salad).