Serves about 6
If you don't like tofu, don't worry, you can't taste it! Tofu is so bland on its own, all you taste is the ripe, fresh avocado, the lemon juice and the zest from the salt and pepper. It's an easy way to get more protein and fiber in your diet while still eating the stuff you love. Who knew healthy eating could be so easy?
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded
- 1 pound tofu, pressed and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Using a large fork or pestle, mash them together. Add additional salt, pepper and lemon to taste.
- Serve with chips, pretzels or vegetables and enjoy!