Sugarless banana waffles
Waffles are always a hit with everyone. Morning, noon and night, they are always welcome. This recipe has been a favorite with everyone who has tried it and there is good reason.
Because of the bananas in the batter you don't need any sweetener, so it's sugarless! It can also be made vegan by swapping out the dairy milk for nut or soy milk. It's also really low in calories, but don't worry, what is sacrificed in calories is not traded off for flavor! In my mind, this equals the perfect waffle. These are delicious eaten with peanut butter, maple syrup and topped with sliced banana.
- 1-1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup organic white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 tablespoon flax seed, ground
- 2 ripe bananas
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender, except the bananas.
- Now add the bananas and continue to blend until the bananas are smooth.
- Spritz olive oil or butter onto the waffle iron.
- Pour batter onto waffle iron and cook.
- Once the waffle is crispy on each side, it's done. Enjoy.