The only ingredient that makes everything taste better is bacon. This sauce is no different. The use of bacon-flavored vodka gives this sauce a smoky, meaty, almost spicy flavor that will blow regular sauce out of the water. This sauce is so good you'll find a reason to put it on anything and may even start eating it with a spoon!
Homemade vodka sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup bacon-flavored vodka
- 1 (28 ounce) can of stewed or diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 cup light cream
- Salt and peppper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a 3-quart skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in vodka and heat for about 10 minutes or until half the liquid has evaporated. Stir in tomatoes and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes. Gradually add in cream and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle in Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Serve with your favorite dish and enjoy!