Seriously, what could be better than potato or cheese dumplings covered in a melted, three cheese sauce? Not only will this be a hit with your foodie and chef friends, it'll be a hit with all your family, kids included! Just a pre warning though: you'll be asked to make this again... and again... and again.
Baked gnocchi mac n' cheese
Yields about 6-1/2 cup servings
- 1 pound gnocchi (can use potato or cheese filled)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 - 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 2 or 3 quart baking pan.
- Cook gnocchi according to package instructions and rinse. Pour gnocchi into the prepared pan.
- In a medium-size skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook until fragrant and a bit translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in flour and whisk until bubbly.
- Once bubbly, pour in milk and cook until mixture is thick, about 2 minutes. Add in cheddar and mozzarella cheese and remove from heat. Liberally season with salt and pepper.
- Pour cheese mixture over the gnocchi. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Bake pasta for at least 20 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling. Serve warm and enjoy!