Just one bite of these Champagne coconut cupcakes, key lime cookies or chocolatey macaroons and you'll be transported to a warm, tropical getaway. Now all you need is a drink with an umbrella, a sexy cabana man and a killer tan!
Key lime pie thumbprints
Yields 24 cookies
Love key lime pie but don't have time to make one? Make these delicious bite-size key lime pie thumbprints instead! Plus, they are much easier to eat.
For The Dough
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For The Filling
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- To prepare the dough: Cream butter, applesauce and sugar with a handheld mixer until fluffy. Add the egg yolks, coconut extract and beat until mixed. Beat in flour and salt until mixed. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- To make the filling: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Stir sugar, flour and eggs in a medium bowl. Add in lime zest, lime juice, salt and coconut.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 1/2 inch. Place 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Using your thumb, place a print in the middle of the cookie. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Once baked, spoon filling into centers and bake again until cookies are light brown around edges, 6 to 8 minutes.
Champagne coconut cupcakes
Yields 12 cupcakes
Infused with coconut milk which makes the cake super moist and topped with coconut flakes make these Champagne cupcakes as tropical as they are fancy!
For the cake:
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup rose Champagne
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes
For the frosting:
- 3/4 cup Champagne
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons strawberry purée
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
- In another bowl, cream oil with sugar. Add milk, Champagne and vanilla, stir well. Add in coconut and stir.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the muffin liners (or until they are 2/3 full). Bake for at least 18 minutes, or until golden. Remove and let chill completely before you frost.
- While cupcakes cool, prepare frosting by beating butter and sugar together on high with a hand held mixer. Add in Champagne, strawberry purée and vanilla and mix until combined. If mixture is too wet, add additional sugar.
- Frost cupcakes and garnish with fresh coconut.
Yields 12 cookies
These cookies aren't just for the holidays! These light and easy cookies make the perfect anytime snack or dessert!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 - 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until beaten and then stir in sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Stir in coconut until fully moistened. Place mounds of the coconut batter onto the parchment paper, about 2 inches apart and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate and butter in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, or until mixture is fully melted. Once macaroons have cooled, dip one end in the chocolate and place on parchment paper. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or until chocolate sets.
Just as delicious as a vacation and much cheaper, too!