I can't think of a better Saint Patrick's Day treat than this foamy, low calorie dessert. For years, we've served this at our big family dinners. After a big holiday supper, where we've all admitted to eating too much, this light seafoam dessert has always been a hit! To make it extra special, add a dollop of whipped cream on each slice.
Lime seafoam dessert
- 2 packages lime Jell-O
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- Graham cracker crust
- Dissolve the Jell-O and the boiling water. Let cool to thicken, but don't allow it to quite set.
- Put the evaporated milk in a bowl and place in freezer until edges just start to freeze.
- Beat the evaporated milk on high speed (until it is similar to whipped cream), add the lemon juice and beat a little more. This will thicken it more.
- In a small bowl add the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar and beat them together.
- Add the cream cheese mixture and Jell-O mixture into the whipped evaporated milk and beat on low speed.
- Grease 9x13-inch glass pan and pour over the graham cracker crust.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and place into the fridge until set.