The fewer calories you eat this St. Patrick's Day, the more calories you can drink! Plus, what goes better with Guinness than corned beef and cabbage?
Corned beef cabbage rolls
Yields about 16 rolls
- 1 pound of cooked corned beef
- 1 head of green cabbage, blanched
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of gluten free spicy mustard
- 1 cup Swanson beef broth
- Dashes of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a deep jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dice onion, celery and corned beef into small pieces and mix together in a large bowl. In another bowl, mix together the egg and rice. Add salt and pepper. Add rice mixture to the corned beef/veggie mixture once mixed. Stir well.
- Place a blanched cabbage leaf on a flat surface. Add about 1 tablespoon of filling to the center of the leaf. Tuck the sides in to tightly secure filling and place face down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until the ingredients have been used and all rolls have been assembled. Pour broth over the rolls and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for about 35 - 45 minutes, or until leaves are soft and darker green. Add a dollop of spicy mustard and enjoy!