These are great to serve for brunch or maybe for a memorable breakfast in bed. With Valentine's Day and Mother's Day coming up, this would be a delicious way to start that special day.
Whole wheat chocolate chip scones
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 organic egg
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Stir all your dry ingredients together. Add the cold butter and mix it up with clean hands until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the egg and the milk.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Turn out the mixture on a floured surface and form into a flattened ball.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet. Score into 8-12 pieces.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees F until baked.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm. If desired, top with whipped cream.