The best winter-themed cocktail recipes
As the weather cools and winter sets in, people retreat to the comfort of their homes for warmth -- and maybe a cocktail. Of course, the light, crisp, refreshing drinks of summer get swapped out for hot toddies, creamy drinks and festive cocktails with flavors of the season -- cocktails like these.
- 1 tea bag (non fruit-infused tea)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 shot brandy
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Brew the tea and cinnamon stick in a cup of hot water, then add the brandy and honey. Use the cinnamon stick to stir.
Cinnamon hot chocolate
- 1 packet hot cocoa mix
- 1 shot chocolate liqueur
- 1 shot cinnamon liqueur
- Whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon
- Make the hot chocolate as usual, then add the two shots.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- 4 tablespoons canned pumpkin pie filling
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 shot vanilla vodka
- In a skillet, mix the pumpkin pie filling with heavy cream. Turn the burner to medium heat until the mix starts to steam, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in a mug with the shot of vodka.
Irish car bomb
- 4 ounces Guinness
- 3 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1 ounce Irish cream
- Pour the Guinness in the glass, then the whiskey, then the Irish cream. The drink must be made in that order so that it stacks properly.
- Take it down in one hearty gulp.