Scary frozen Halloween treats
Here are some fiery, spooky and plain ol' perfect-for-Halloween frozen treats for your next party -- or just because you want to get into the season.
Mango chili Popsicles
This Halloween treat will burn like Hell!! This, of course, makes them not exactly ideal for kids, but great for the adults at the party who prefer a little fire in their Halloween.
- 2 cups mango juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring all the ingredients to a boil. Stir to make sure the sugar dissolves, then pour the liquid into a freezer-safe bowl. Let the mixture cool and place it in the freezer.
- Come back in an hour and scrape any ice crystals. Repeat three more times until you have mango ice (also called granita). Put the granita into Popsicle trays and freeze for another hour.
Coconut milk ghost Popsicles
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 raisins per popsicle (about 12-16)
- Bring the coconut milk and sugar to a boil over medium heat. Let the mix cool and then fill each Popsicle mold 1/4 of the way full.
- Let the coconut milk freeze. Then put the raisins on top of the frozen part near one side of the Popsicle. This will be the ghost's eyes.
- Gently fill the rest of the Popsicle and freeze.
Pox monsters Popsicles
- 1 cup water
- 2 packets green instant beverage mix
- 2 cups sugar
- Red hots
- 1/2 cup grenadine
- Mix the water, beverage and sugar in a saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat. Set aside to cool.
- Put a few red hots at the bottom of a Popsicle mold, fill the mold halfway with the green liquid. Add a teaspoon of grenadine, then nearly fill the Popsicle mold. Add another teaspoon of grenadine.