Nutella ravioli recipe. Can't get enough Nutella? It's okay, few have the willpower to withstand the siren's song of the world's most popular chocolate/hazelnut spread. One of the best, and certainly the easiest, ways to enjoy Nutella is just to eat it wi
Can't get enough Nutella? It's okay, few have the willpower to withstand the siren's song of the world's most popular chocolate/hazelnut spread. One of the best, and certainly the easiest, ways to enjoy Nutella is just to eat it with a spoon; however, sometimes you may want to do something a little different. When that urge hits, try making these Nutella ravioli.
Nutella RavioliThere are two ways to do this: the easy way and the hard way. The hard way involves finding a fresh, homemade pasta recipe, melting Nutella, and making the pasta with the Nutella. Then there's the easy way. We're going to take the example of some of the finest chefs in the world and make our ravioli with wonton wraps.
- 1 cup Nutella
- Juice and zest of 1 orange (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 package wonton wraps
- Cooking spray
- Powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the Nutella and the optional zest and juice. You do not have to mix in the orange, but it will give the Nutella a slightly different flavor and it will add some additional sweetness. If you are not a fan of orange and chocolate, you could also try adding a few teaspoons of rum or brandy or some shredded coconut.
- Next, mix the egg with a tablespoon of water to make an egg wash; lay out the wonton wraps and spread egg wash over two consecutive edges; put a teaspoon (yes, just 1 teaspoon) of Nutella into the center of the ravioli and fold the wrap over to make a triangle; repeat with all the wrappers.
- Bring a pot of well-salted water to boiling and dip the wontons in them (just dunk them in the boiling water and set them on a greased cookie sheet, this will hydrate the wonton wraps so they cook more evenly, but they won't be too soggy); quickly repeat with all the wontons.
- Once all of the wontons have been dunked, spray them with cooking spray and bake them for 15 minutes, or until crispy.
- When you take them out of the oven, immediately sprinkle them with powdered sugar and serve.