3 Easy Valentine's Day treats. Here are three delicious desserts for your Valentine.
Chocolate Dipped MarshmallowsMakes 18 marshmallows
- 18 large marshmallows, melted
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Pink or red sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip each marshmallow in the melted chocolate so the chocolate comes halfway up the sides; roll the dipped marshmallows in the sprinkles until they're evenly coated.
- Place the marshmallows on the prepared baking sheet and chill until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
- Package in small cellophane bags.
Raspberry Sugar Cookie HeartsMakes about 12 sandwich cookies, depending on the size of your cookie cutter
- 1 tube of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Flour, for dusting your work surface
- Raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour and roll out the cookie dough until it's 1/4-inch thick; cut the dough with a heart-shaped cookie cutter and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, or until cookies are lightly brown around the edges; place the cookies on a wire rack to cool.
- Spread the jam evenly on half of the cookies; top with the remaining cookies and serve.
Red Hot Chocolate BarkIngredients:
- 12-ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup cinnamon red hot candies, chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chocolate in a medium stainless steel bowl and place the bowl over a pot of boiling water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the surface of the water; stir frequently, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and use a spatula to spread it evenly; sprinkle the red hots over the chocolate; chill the bark for 15 to 20 minutes, until it's set.
- Remove the bark from the refrigerator and break into small pieces. Package in small cellophane bags.