Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
This recipe is simply a reformulation of existing pumpkin cheesecake recipes using easy-to-find ingredients. The most difficult one to find may be the egg replacer, so if you have trouble, try adding a little mashed, puréed banana.
- 3 cans pumpkin puréed
- 18-ounces silken tofu
- 1 egg's worth of egg replacer
- 1 cup vegan sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 cup vegan graham crackers
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixer, mix the purée, tofu, egg replacer, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Mix until well incorporated. Set aside
- Mash the cookies in a plastic bag and then spread them over a greased springform pan. Spread the soy milk over the cookies so that they are moist; pour in the cheesecake mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into cake comes away clean. Let the cheesecake rest for 4 hours to let it set before serving.