Fans of HBO's The Sopranos will love this book that will allow them to curl up in front of the television to watch their favorite show while chowing down on some authentic Neapolitan cuisine, like the dishes served on the show.
Even if you've never seen a single episode of The Sopranos, you'll still love the recipes that cover everything from simple comfort food -- Lasagna, Baked Ziti, Giambotta (vegetable stew) or Peppers and Eggs Sandwiches; to elegant entrees like Quail Sinatra Style or Lobster Fra Diavolo. There's also appetizers, soups, salads, side dishes and desserts, all in the Neapolitan style of cooking -- the food of Naples, the Sopranos' homeland, including such ethnic favorites as Braciole, Baccala Pizzaiola and Ziti al Forno. A collection of sweets and desserts like Cannoli, Ricotta Cheesecake, Tiramisu and Baba au Rhum rounds out the collection of 98 recipes.
Despite the three exotic sample recipes the publisher chose to share with us, most of the recipes are simple to prepare, using common everyday ingredients.
Fans of the show will have fun reading the book's text and looking at the full color photos. The Soprano's favorite restaurateur Artie Bucco, is your host throughout the pages which also feature guest appearances by other principle characters:
- The Soprano Family Tradition: A Conversation with Corrado Soprano, Jr.
- Sunday Dinner as Remembered by Janice Soprano
- Feeding My Family: A Chat with Carmela Soprano
- Mia Cucina by Artie Bucco
- Cooking for the Whole Famiglia: Party Planning with Charmaine Bucco and Carmela Soprano
- Rage, Guilt, Loneliness, and Food: Excerpts from a Paper by Dr. Jennifer Melfi and Dr. Richard La Penna
- My Nucci by Peter Paul "Paulie Walnuts" Gualtieri
- Cibo D'Amore: Advice from Adriana La Cerva
- Grilling Italian Style by Anthony Soprano (as told to Artie Bucco)
- If I Couldn't Eat, I'd F**king Die: Bobby Bacala Speaks Out
This book is a must for Sopranos fans or would make an excellent gift for fan friends or family. For everyone else, it still a beautifully produced Neapolitan cookbook with recipes by Italian cooking expert Michele Scicolone and mouth watering full color photographs to inspire you to get into the kitchen and start cooking Italian.Sample Recipes:
See the Related Recipes section below for sample recipes from this book.