1. Make juice out of the oranges and then use the peels for Candied Orange Peels.
2. Use the leftover syrup from Candied Orange Peels on pancakes or French Toast. The syrup can also be used to make Popsicles.
3. Wash peels thoroughly. Grate the peel before using and freeze the zest for later use.
4. Cut up orange segments and use as a garnish for salads. Use in fruit salad or sliced as a side dish.
5. Cut up slices and use a garnish for meat or relish dishes.6. Cut up peels. In a saucepan add peels, 1 cinnamon stick, a few cloves and fill to the top with water. Simmer for a nice potpourri or dry peels and use in dry potpourri.
Tawra Kellam is the author of Not Just Beans: 50 Years of Frugal Family Favorites. For free tips and recipes visit her website www.notjustbeans.com.
Click here for more great recipes and information about Not Just Beans: 50 Years of Frugal Family Favorites and discount ordering through Amazon.com