olive oil, sesame oil, peanut oil, canola oil, grapeseed oil, vegetable oil. Add additional nut and/or flavored oils as you taste and budget dictates.
basil, oregano, parsley, tarragon, rosemary, cumin, cayenne, crushed red pepper, thyme, bay leaves, ginger, mustard powder, marjoram, allspice, nutmeg, paprika, cinnamon, salt, pepper, white pepper, whole black peppercorns.
vanilla (a must), other useful options include lemon, almond, peppermint, butter and maple
- Corn Starch
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Sugar (powdered, granulated and brown)
- Stock (chicken, beef, vegetable and possibly seafood)
- Maple Syrup
- Red and White Wine
- Hot Sauce
- Lemons (or lemon juice)
- Parmesan cheese
Things that are handy to have on hand.
- Canned or frozen vegetables (usually frozen taste better, although there are some brand exceptions)
- Dried or canned beans
- Orange and/or Apple Juice
- Canned cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- Plain yogurt or sour cream
- Cream Cheese
- Green Onions